Whatever ‘new normal’ scenarios emerge in the 2020s we need men and women who will contend for the truth in Christ. This book examines what we can learn from New Testament examples as well as considering a few present-day contenders for the Lord.
- Author Jim Cockburn
- Pub Date 20/04/2022
In the turbulent world of the 2020s, hit by a global pandemic and the threat of a new European war, and where lies and hatred are so overbearing, many people are looking for truth and purpose. Politicians and scientists have shown that they do not have all the answers. For Christians the ultimate truth is the Lord Jesus Christ and the good news that he brings.
Whatever ‘new normal’ scenarios emerge in the 2020s we need men and women who will contend for the truth in Christ. There are many wonderful examples of people who are prepared to contend for the gospel. These men and women earnestly try to follow the examples of Jesus and Paul. Contending For Truth examines what we can learn from these New Testament examples as well as considering a few present-day contenders for the Lord.
These present-day contenders include:
- Andy Bannister, Director of Solas
- Michael Bushby, Christian Vision for Men Regional Director for the North-East
- Barbara Connor, working internationally with YWAM’s leadership development ministry, KKI youth and family ministry, and the University of the Nations
- Donald Curry, Baron Curry of Kirkharle
- David Holloway, Vicar of Jesmond Parish Church, Newcastle
- Julie Maxwell, Associate Specialist Community Paediatrician, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Charles Price, Pastor at Large with the People’s Church, Toronto
- Chitra Bharucha, Kalpana Krishnamurthy and Graham Morritt, graduates of Vellore Christian Medical College
As a result of studying their lives and ministries, may we also be willing to learn under God to contend for truth in our needy, broken world.