This exciting new text presents anew the scholarship, character and clarity of the 1966 Jerusalem Bible (the first modern English version) and the 1985 New Jerusalem Bible. The RNJB prioritises accuracy of translation and richness of tone, capturing the rigour and poetry of the original JB for new generations.
This volume contains the entire biblical text with a comprehensive set of study notes, cross references and book introductions. Key features include:
- Formal equivalence. Accurate translation of the language, concepts and imagery of the original scriptures.
- Clear-read style. Uses linguistic style and speech patterns best suited for being read out loud.
- Study notes. Comprehensive new study materials (cross-references and over 130,000 words of footnotes) by Henry Wansbrough, reflecting the most up-to-date and ecumenical scholarship.
- Gender inclusion. Remains faithful to the meaning of the original scriptures while avoiding traditional male bias of the English language.
- Revised Grail Psalter. The book of Psalms is based on the 2010 translation of The Revised Grail Psalms.
An attractive hardcover volume with 2 ribbon markers, and 8 pages of colour maps. Size: 204 x 140 x 62mm (8 x 5.5 x 2.5 inches)